
I had to run out this morning and when I came back almost a couple of hours later, Chelsea gave me a little scare when she was laying there shivering in pain. I took her temp, gave her some of her old (stronger) pain meds via the tube and then took her outside to pee. She peed and drank some water and otherwise seemed in good spirits. Though her nose and incision is itchy and I had to help her not to rub her face but satisfy the itchies. She is inside and trying to relax on the tile. I don't have her cone collar on since I am right here. I have to get her crate out of the shed and get it cleaned up so I can keep her in there when i am not at home. Though she tends not to move when I am gone. When I leave she is in the same spot as when I come home. I put a warm compress as instructed on her swelling and she is not very happy about that. I think I will use a polo wrap to hold it in place for the ten minutes that she needs it.
I kept having to say to myself when I came home and found her shaking to CALM DOWN that she will be fine, this is not out of the ordinary.... My heart was in my throat though, it worried me. Glad to see her resting comfortably again. Washing lots of dirty towels and sheets in the interim. I will stay close to her for the rest of today and tonight so that I can keep an eye on her. Picture shows her feeding tube.
Send prayers everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment