Spoke to the vet today. She said hopefully Chelsea will come home tomorrow!! I might have to give her the nickname of funny face as I am sure she will be a sight for sore eyes. Feeding tube, funnel thing on her head, missing lower right jaw. Geez poor dog! But the vet said she is doing well except for not wanting to pee for the techs. I told them to tell her to GO PIDDLE. (Hopefully that will help....)
I am exhausted. It hit me this afternoon hard. I was out bush hogging when I realized a bolt had come off that holds one side of the box blades to the back of the tractor so I had to slowly bring it out of the field. Will go look for the bolt, otherwise will need to pick one up. Came in and took a nap and still felt as tired as before the nap. I gave a dog training lesson then trimmed to founder cases and came home. Wasn't expecting to feel like a big pile of mush so early in the afternoon.
They say the first week after surgery can be rough so I am armed and ready to help Chelsea in all possible ways. I have received so many positive reports of similar jaw cancer survivors as well as lots of good thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Met a great holistic vet at the university and she was very supportive too. I feel like Chelsea is getting the best chances she can get to live as long as possible and as pain free as possible.
Looking forward to my baby girl coming home, funny face and all!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment