Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Truly, the simple things in life can bring the greatest of joy....

Today I was in the run in shed picking out poo. I was joined by Spirit, Red and Ari. They weren't a nuisance, though they tended to be in the way. But a finger flick of direction could easily move them. Because they were wanting to be with me I offered each of them a nice finger nail grooming, scratching all their serious itchy spots and getting lots of giraffe noses in return. (Horse people know exactly what I mean!) Each of them moved in hoping for a little more scritchy bliss and I was "covered up" (as they like to say here in TN) with chestnut geldings as close as they could be.

Later inside as I was preparing my meal, Chelsea came in the kitchen when she heard me tearing up Romaine lettuce. It made my heart quietly sing that she felt like her old self and wanted a tastey (?who am I to judge a dog's palette?) morsel of lettuce. Her mouth worked hard at trying to get that piece chewed up and swallowed and oops it fell out, but that is ok, I just handed her a smaller piece and she gobbled it right down!

Yesterday she was outside and had her little Rottie stub waggin' a hundred miles an hour, she was looking for some mischief, but I decided not to encourage too much crazy zoomies. That hemimandibulectomy was worth every penny to have her feeling like her old self again! Thank god for Dr. Raditic calling me on that Sunday and giving me the courage to choose surgery.

Other simple pleasures were the harvest moon last week. A huge ball of sun one morning, and again one evening. Having Button the newest kitty come charging at me like a cheetah, in play of course. Gentle rain on a Sunday to quench the dry earth. Having Lauren call me each morning and giving me an update from camp with Harry.... Many more....

No comments: