Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Big Day


Tomorrow is the big day for Chelsea at UT. We have to there at 9 a.m. and they will first do a CT scan, then if the tumor shows as operable they will take her straight to surgery. I am thinking positively about Chelsea. I want this pain gone from her! Her mouth is starting to bleed now and again and she is less interested in eating so figuring out what she will eat is a challenge. But so far she hasn't missed a meal, even if I have to spoon feed her.


Over the weekend her "dad" came to see her and boy was she happy to see him! Chelsea has a few favorite people in her life and she will tell you if you are one or not. She was Pete's velcro dog the whole time he was around her. I am glad they had this time together. But I promised Pete that my plan was Chelsea to go to Florida for another family visit. Chelsea has always been a healthy dog, something I have worked hard at, so I feel like she has a better than average chance to succeed in living out her senior years without the pain of cancer. Screw the doubters (you know who you are) and the statistics! Actually the statistics for Chelsea are better than average. Another positive.


Last night Chelsea did something she has not done in quite awhile, definitely since this tumor has taken over. She brought her squeak ball over with her to lay near me by the couch. And then again this morning she did another usual thing for her that hasn't been done in quite a while, she went and got one of my socks and brought it in the bed with her. To me these are signs that my decision is the correct one.


Thanks everyone for all your support, encouragement, positive thoughts and prayers for Chelsea and myself. I will keep the blog up to date as I have time. I have included a picture of Chelsea and her Dad. (Thanks Pete for all you do for Chelsea and her Mom!)

No comments: