Yesterday was picture perfect weather with highs in the 70's. Chelsea, Roxie and I went for an early morning walk and Chelsea seemed to enjoy the cooler temps. Once back I was outside with the horses all day. I was happy that Chelsea ate her food and took her meds no problem. At the end of the day I went over and trimmed a 3 yr old Paso Fino gelding who had seriously neglected hooves (duck bill feet) and the new owner was told this horse needed to be sedated to have his back feet done. Taking the time it takes and rewarding his good behavior this horse was able to have all four feet trimmed and I think felt a lot different at the end about having his feet handled and trimmed.
This morning Chelsea went in to steal Roxie's kibble! She has not done that in weeks! So I gave her some of her own since she did not finish her own meal (that had some herbs in it that she probably does not like the taste of). I am just thrilled that her appetite is better. Eating kibble was more difficult but she ate every single piece. Yay! Now to clean up the kitchen and head outside for another beautiful fall day!
Sunday, September 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope she enjoys the cooler weather. I'll be there Saturday-remind me to bring sunglasses/camera, than we can film time with her and still talk without thinking about the camera!
Post a Comment