Chelsea is improving daily. I fed her 4 meals today and she is getting the hang of eating and drinking with her new albeit swollen still mouth. Most of the swelling is gone. The vet saw her yesterday to remove the tube and he said she looked good.
It is obvious she is feeling better because her appetite is good. Poor thing, she hasn't quite got the knack of getting the food down the gullet. I am hand feeding her, cooking meatballs, being creative in getting good nutrition in her. Heidi in Oregon whose dog had the same surgery has been a big help in giving me support and helpful hints.
It can feel a little overwhelming, but truly I am so glad I went ahead with the surgery. I am now praying for clean margins. Everyone, join me!
Thanks!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment