Monday, December 26, 2011

Hohohoho......



Yay, Christmas came and went. TOO many people sent sweet goodies to me. EEK! I am a chocoholic and it is hard to keep my hand out of the cookie/candy jar! Yesterday afternoon I went over to the Russell's for a lovely dinner and great company. It was a nice way to spend the end of Christmas day.

I have been burning brain cells studying an equine nutrition course, 10 weeks total and I am about to start the 8th week. Amazing how fast the time goes by. I have another course following this one, same thing but focused on metabolic issues and nutrition with horses. The hardest part of the course is doing calculations that can easily done using Excel formulas but you can't do that while taking the course. I will be glad when I just can plug in the numbers and not have to use my limited math skills. There is a ton to learn though and I am excited to have this new knowledge in my tool box of all things equine. For Christmas my herd was able to enjoy some fresh carrots and apples. They were all running around kicking up their heels and feeling frisky in the cold weather. It was fun to watch them play together. I asked them if they wanted "a cookie" knowing by saying that they would stop slipping and sliding in the mud and make a bee line for me with the Christmas goodies. (Disaster diverted, no mud slide injuries!)



Our weather has been mainly mild. Though we have already had snow this fall. I am hoping to steal some good rides before winter is officially here. I have some personal plans for the new year that involved a new and improved me, from the inside out. Stay tuned on that.



Here is a picture of hounddog Max I shot with my phone today. He looked so silly standing there on the table. He is a good dawg when he is not driving crazy. LOL


My neighbor Paul has been bringing roundbales for the horses and putting them out in my pasture using his huge John Deere tractor with bale forks on the front and back. His generosity has been a huge help. I am blessed with good neighbors!

No comments: