Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holy socks



And I don't mean the religious kind. Holy as in Holes in them! Reminders of Chelsea come flooding in as I sort socks and I have to decide if a sock with a hole in it is still wearable or if it goes in the rag pile. See Chelsea had a fondness for socks. She would kindly remove them from my feet if I asked her to. She would take a tiny bit of the sock in her teeth then pull pull pull until they were off! Great helper she was. And mostly she would leave them be, but sometimes she had to take a sock off some where and chew it to shreds. She didn't eat them, just made them holy. She was looking out for me spiritually I think, lol. Now more often than not I smile when I look at these socks. I use to weep. The picture above was taken January 09. Chelsea was being a winter couch potato. YES! I STILL MISS HER!!

No comments: