Happy New Year! Last night for the second night, my neighbor 3 houses down had quite a variety of fire works. The dogs inside the house started barking so I bundled up and headed out to see the display. The first thing I saw was Nugget scurrying to the run in shed and back out again. Turns out he was afraid of all the noise and lights. He settled next to me as I stood inside the shed looking out towards my neighbor's to see the display. If the noise got to poppin' and going too fast (ratatattat)Nugget when run over to his little bed area by the storage shed and peer out, then he would run back again. I went inside to get my flash light because I did not see Sunny, but he was behind the shed so I brought him around to where I was with Punky and Nugget. I would flash the light on the ceiling of the shed to get some light but Nugget thought that was like the fire works and he would take off to his bed again. He was kinda funny, and not too scared as he was not shaking. The mini's decided it wasn't bad and stood and ate some hay. The big boys had headed to the hills when it first started getting as far from the neighbors as they could. I figured they would take care of themselves.
This morning in the less than 20 degree weather I took off up the hills with the girls in tow (or I guess I was in tow) for a walk around the property. Both dogs had to have some horse poop but it was frozen and hard for them to get. I tried to discourage them but had to laugh at them as they chewed on their poopsicles. Laughing made me realize how frozen my face was! Coulda used a ski mask this a.m. for sure. They had predicted some light snow flurries but the sun was out and the air would look filled with swirling sparkles as what little snow there was made its way to the ground. Mother nature's falling glitter.
Staying inside is on the agenda for the rest of the day as it is not climbing out of the 20's here and with the wind chill there is just not a good reason to be out there! Artic air at its finest.
Saturday, January 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment