Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Buried Treasure

Well that is what I found today. Buried under the leaves near the tomato plants were two huge cucumbers. I felt like such a ding bat. I thought I had planted the cuke plant somewhere else and then I thought it must have died, I kept thinking all those leaves were the squash plant leaves! Duh, not! The "burpless" cuke plants have been busy. And now that I know where they are hiding their fruits I will be checking more frequently. In the meantime, one of these babies looks almost a foot long. EEK, I hope it still taste good. I think I will make some Tzatziki dip (Greek sauce that was always so yummy on the gyro sandwiches). Now where did I put that cheesecloth.....(you have to drain the yogurt of excess liquid).

Made my first dish using fresh squash from the garden. It was DELICE!

The weather is GREAT here today. Highs in the 7o's, it was in the 50's this morning and I needed a jacket when i was outside feeding the horses. IN JULY? AM I DREAMING? Not! Ha!

No comments: