It is 5:30 a.m. and still dark out. As I was standing at the picture window looking outside I noticed something flying beneath the street light in the back yard. I know....a street light not on the street..... I first thought I was seeing a couple of birds and then I thought BATS. But they looked too light for either so I grabbed the binoculars hoping to get a closer look however they were moving so fast I couldn't see any better through the binoculars. I walked out on the porch and watched them. Flitting through the early morning air, heavy with dew, back and forth they glided making a circle around the light. It was wonderful to watch. Huge moths, they live such a short life, I am glad they shared their dance with me. Wished I could get a picture.
Where is my coffee!!??
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment