For some reason I want to say Landshark! Remember Saturday Night Live w/ Bill Murray and Chevy Chase? Of course I do, I am 50 yrs old TODAY! And that is the landmark for me. It is good to be 50 (and above ground).
There is a gal in New Mexico who has an incredible blog and of course it has much to do about her mustangs that live with her and her husband. But one of her postings had to do with a birthday celebration. She planned her own birthday who-ha. She wanted to celebrate her special day and she invited all her friends. I thought that was a pretty cool idea, even thought about doing it but I think my friends and family from afar would have had a hard time getting here.
So I am quietly celebrating this day at home. Me and "the kids". It is really warm outside thus I am inside making some fresh guacamole and piddlin' around here. At some point I might share my reflections of this journey through life to this point in time. Ever evolving and wondering what is in store for me and what I will create.
Happy happy day!
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, so sorry I missed your birthday. :(
Sounds like you're having a great time. It's funny your next post about the fireflies, we saw them while in OH and I kept yelling to Keith to pull over so I could run around and watch them fly by me. We were both so happy to see them since we haven't seen any since being kids. It was very nostalgic.
Sherry
Happy Birthday! I loved my 50th birthday, was happy to celebrate being alive, and! figured the first 50 were for others, and the next 50 would be for me. Well, I do think of others and share and all that nice stuff, but I'm quite apt to make a decision based on what I want or need, as long as my choice doesn't harm another. (Might annoy another, but not harm. *g*)
Again, Happy Birthday!
Thanks gals.
LJB, I love your idea about the first 50 vs the second set.
Sherry, I got a kick out of you chasing fire flies. I can see that. Makes me remember you as a wee one!
Kathy
Post a Comment