Yesterday I was out in the run in lot filling the water trough. Roxie and Max were in the back yard. I had not latched the gate and when I was pulling some of the hose out it must have opened the gate just enough because suddenly here was Max streaking towards the run in after Nugget. Nugget being the wise ol goat that he is was making a beeline towards the horses in the shed. Max was right behind him, ducking under the electric fence. Punky saw what was happening and came trotting towards Nugget. I dropped the hose in the trough and was coming towards Max and all the horses yelling Max NO! This interrupted him enough, plus he was uncertain of the horses so he looked at me and I said Max COME! And he did! I made a huge deal about what a good boy he was for coming to me and how silly he was for getting in there with the horses. I led him back to the yard and all was well. Phew! Too hot for anyone to be running around!
Max has such a silly way of playing with toys, he flips them up and the air and tries to catch them or watches it fall and goes pouncing after the toy. He plays tug of war with Roxie with the unstuffed toys and is very fair about leting her keep the toy. If it had been Chelsea she would slam her paw down on the toy at the end of Roxie's mouth and pull it away. Max if he gets it away will trot by Roxie with the toy in his mouth, slowing down as he passes giving her an opportunity to grab her end again. I was laughing watching them.
He is such a puppy brain in so many ways, gets the zoomies around 7 in the evenings and I have to open the door so he can zoom outside but with the heat he soon gives up that idea. I bet in the winter him and Roxie will be doing some serious laps in the back yard. I think as he matures his laid back nature will come more to the forefront and he will be a super companion. Right now his puppiness is both endearing and annoying as all get out!
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cute. Where's the camera when you need one? I bet Punky would have protected Nugget if you hadn't interrupted. Good thing you did, cause the big guys might have gone after him too. I once saw Carla's mare, Miss, chase two dogs out of the pasture with her hooves just pounding the ground after them, nose to the ground. Those dogs were lucky to get out alive. She was PO'd for sure.
Post a Comment