Monday, July 04, 2011

Max's first night and morning here





So far so good with Max. Last night he jumped over the cat door to Dixie Bell's room, scaring her pretty bad. She was trying to leave my bedroom and I did not have a good grip on his collar. I think Max is actually afraid of cats, but definitely likes the "chase", I decided the sleeping arrangements would be a closed bedroom door. That is with Roxie, Max and I all in my bedroom. I was a tad concerned at how much sleep I would get but everyone settled down and I did not hear a peep from Max all night. He slept on the floor by Roxie's crate. Phew! A success.

Though I guess Dixie Bell hightailed it outside and I have yet to see her. I know she will come around when she gets hungry. Poor kitty, she was just getting use to having the run of the house again since Chelsea left us.

This morning playtime quickly ensued much to Roxie's dismay, though she does a fast snap and yap at him when she is telling him off, sometimes it works fairly well. Max found a scent trail in the backyard and was doing his best bloodhound impersonation following it around for the first 1/2 hr of the early morning.

We just returned from a morning walk, we spotted a lone tom turkey and Max was very excited but I had him in the anti-pull harness so he gave up on a chase. He was actually very good for the walk, a bit unsure of where we were headed so he kept close to my side. His nose got busy a few times but he followed along when I requested. I definitely will have to do some counter conditioning with the horses because he finds them very exciting, though when I went to Gerry's yesterday Max never bothered any of the horses there. Gerry said he had been kicked by their mare.


Now everyone is down for a nap which will give me time to grab a shower and have a late breakfast. Gonna be another hot one here today and the humidity is already high.

The photo was from yesterday when Max was discovery all the old toys. He really likes the squeak tennis ball and anything else that he can toss in the air. He is fun to watch play.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Yippee