Today while at a trim clients I met Max who had shown up at their home several weeks previously wearinng a red bandana and nothing else. So far no luck finding an owner and the 13 yr old son had started calling him Max. I said I would take him as they have other dogs and didn't really need this one. The son had to decide though and he agreed to let me have him. So I loaded him up in the back seat of the camry and off we drove the 45 minutes to home. I led him to the back yard and he investigated the area marking a few spots and then I let Roxie out to meet him. She decided after a proper introduction that he would be just fine as a new playmate and they have been playing all afternoon. He even got a bath. At one point I laid down on the couch and had a nap. He stretched out on the area rug with hind paws in the air and had a nap too!
He has been investigating all of Chelsea's old toys, has been very interested in the cat, who has gone to her room in hiding. AND he knows how to counter surf when he brought me a sponge from the sink. Yikes! so we have been working on boundaries, as well as sit, come and down. He knows sit and will offer in hopes of getting a treat or out the door.
Not sure of his breeding, might have some rottie in him but sure has some hound dog in him. He is young, not sure how young though. At least a year I would think. (Right now he is wearing Chelsea's collar, I am sure she wouldn't mind, but I will get him one that doesn't have girly flowers on it soon.
3 comments:
Perfect! I could say more but this sums up how I feel about this new chapter.
WELL CONGRATULATIONS KATHY!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! So nice to see you have a new friend & companion. :) How sweet!!!
Pam :)
Oh YAY! Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment