Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Love and Chocolate Day!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I am sending lots of love to all my family and friends near and far. To celebrate this day, I am indulging in decadent Godiva dark chocolate yum yum!

I have been busy at the resort pulling shoes on horses and getting them trimmed. We have taken all the horses barefoot, with boots as needed http://www.easycareinc.com/Default.aspx . This is a huge relief for me as the farrier care was....something....I would rather not discuss. Pulling shoes is hard work if you don't do it a lot and the shoes have been on way too long. Some nails seemed to be frozen in the shoe. Farriers make the job look simple but there is a technique to it. When shoes are easy to pull it is; viola done! I am glad to put away the shoe pulling tools. (Thanks to my friend Mark a former farrier for providing me with some of the tools I needed.) Technology for boots has made great advances and there are a wide selection of boots to chose from these days, so check out the link above.

Today I am headed back out to the resort to meet with a new guide we hired, she is from Michigan and will be moving to the area next month. The resort is renting a vacation cabin to her and also will have her keep her horses there. Very good for me, an experienced horseperson living on site. I am looking forward to working with her and getting to know her.

Well time to get my arse in gear. It is raining here this a.m. but is suppose to clear up and be a nice afternoon. It is always good to get the rain, ponds are full, and ground moisture is high. Hope it lasts for the growing and hay season. The drought put a hurtin' on hay last year. I was lucky to find a good hay supplier, and have already put my order in for next year.

Happy Valentines Day. I love you all!
PS thanks to those who sent me the Jacqui Lawson internet cards, they are always a treat!

No comments: