Friday, February 06, 2009

How Cold was it Johnny?

Well yesterday when I drove into town to shop I had icicles on the running boards of the truck. They were still there when I got home and for the remainder of the day. Never got out of the 20's here, but with the sun high and the air still it didn't take long for me to warm up and start peeling off layers to do outside chores.

This late morning I took the dogs for a walk up top and found some pretty deep snow in areas, 6 inches of pristine untouched snow. It was fun to investigate the area the horses had been in and to look at different animal tracks. What makes a three holed track, two together and one in front? Dunno, perhaps a rabbit. That would be my guess. The dogs enjoyed digging for freshly frozen poopsicles. (No kisses from them I can tell ya that!) High's today in the 40's, yay!

The local news had a really cool video someone had sent of bears frolicking in the snow outside of Gaitlinburg near the Smokies. It was so fun to watch them playing, I think there were 6. If I find the link I will post it here.

No comments: