Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Some snow







Monday we had some pretty good snow but because Sunday had been SO warm (in the 50's) the snow was not sticking. But last night it got really cold (it is 20 now this morning) so the snow still remains and they are predicting more this afternoon. Snow, bad weather causes school closures or delays because it is not safe for the buses to travel the back roads which are not maintained. Lots of black ice to send you into an unexpected skid.
Yesterday Ari was having a good time digging through the snow with his upper lip looking for morsels. (See his lip sticking so far out?)
This morning I took the photo of the hills across the street, color is really washed out because of the white. White snow makes white dogs really dirty looking! Just ask Roxie.
The wagon picture is compliments of the local paper The Greeneville Sun, http://greenevillesun.com/ That is pretty much how it looked around here. There was a very interesting looking fog that blanketed our hollow yesterday evening after it had stopped snowing. Chelsea and Roxie were crazy silly while playing outside yesterday so I guess I will take them for a walk this morning after I get bundled up. It is definitely a long johns day!



1 comment:

Papillon Pals said...

How beautiful! I hope someday to see snow again. Stay warm and enjoy some hot chocolate.