

Check out these pictures from today and yesterday. What is up with this behavior with Cannon? He does this often after he has been mock fighting with Ari. If he does a charge bite type thing to Ari he will then go off and nip at himself. Very strange. Today after he was playing he went off into the RP by himself and continued this with his leg. He doesn't bit, but mouths himself. He will have dried slobber where he has been mouthing his chest, shoulder or leg. What do you think?
Update 1/26:
Yesterday I was watching Spirit and Cannon face fighting over the roundpen panel. Spirit is an expert face fighter! Quick as a cat he can be. Well he must have nailed Cannon pretty good while I was watching because Cannon moved away from the rail and began biting at his flank and kicking out behind. Really annoyed. After his little "fit" he went back to the rail and started right back into the face fighting. Very strange what Cannon does. I am on a quest to help him, so maybe the behavior will fade away when he starts feeling better.
2 comments:
You've got a psyhco horse. Don't know what this behavior is all about, but when Icee gets frustrated when she can't get to a bug or lizard she tears up the plant by ripping off leaves. I have to watch her on the patio.
You know, now that I think about it, my QH, Gent, used to do that when he was a stud and kept separated from the other horses. I don't recall him doing that after he was gelded though.
I think Cannon is just not through playing and is just play fighting with himself. Wierd horse!
Post a Comment