Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Buck Stops Here

No not the almighty dollar, the almighty deer! Last night while driving home on the back roads not far from the house I came up a rise and there stood a buck in the middle of the road. What a beautiful sight with his antlers. First buck I have seen here. I stopped the truck and just admired him. I then put the truck in park, hoping I could quietly find my camera and take a picture of him. The truck transmission noise spooked him into a field but he stopped near the road and looked back at me. The camera was in the back seat so I could not get it. I enjoyed his beauty a bit more than headed home.

What a pleasant surprise on a crisp Fall night!

1 comment:

Papillon Pals said...

Lesson learned. Keep the camera on the FRONT seat. :)
Looking forward to seeing a picture of that buck.