Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Brilliant Ballot Day

Well I could not have asked for a better day to cast my vote! I don't know how I stayed on the roads admiring all the brilliant fall colors the trees and shrubs are putting out right now. It is truly indescribable. I need to take my camera with me AND not be in a hurry.

Yesterday I guided a 2 hr trail ride at the resort and we all just enjoyed the gorgeous views and crisp clean fall air. We rode through hay fields and up and down forest trails. The fallen leaves crunched under the horses' hooves and a neighbor's two dogs kept us company as they scouted the trails ahead of us. It was a quiet ride. The young couple who I led said they had a blast and were headed back to their cabin to soak in the hot tub on their private deck. Tough day for 2 college students taking a break from campus and studies. For me, tough job playing with the ponies and enjoying the beautiful Tennessee landscape!

The voting place was just a few miles from home and I stood behind one person briefly. No long lines to vote, how cool is that!

Happy Tuesday....on a history making day!

No comments: