Sunday, May 25, 2008

This past week

This past week has been the first week of the Harry Whitney horsemanship camps at Mendin' Fences and I have been spending as much time as possible over there soaking up horsemanship thangs! Harry is simply an amazing horseman. He is truly one of the masters and it is an honor to spend time with him and learn from him. I have sat there watching over and over Harry get a huge change in a horse, mentally emotionally physically. All these things run hand in hand and I don't think most horse people realize this. There have been some beautiful horses and average horses to watch, but all of them transform into something better as the time passes in a week's time.

The home front is status quo. The garden is growing. It is funny, I was committed to putting the garden in the fenced backyard so I wouldn't have to deal with Nugget getting into the garden. If I had put it somewhere else I would have needed to put fencing around it. Well, the dogs were so bad about getting into it, I ended up putting a fence around it anyway!

Weather has been fantastic here. High's in the 70's, cool nights. (I do not miss Florida weather at all!) We need some rain now. It rained last Sunday afternoon and it was a gully washer so didn't do as much good as you would like. I would rather it not rain while Harry is here though. Hay fields are being mowed daily around here. I have enjoyed watching the process and smelling the fresh cut grass hay. Fescue has a distinctly sweet smell that I like. With the good spring time weather comes the bugs. Some worse than others. Right now the gnats, big ol' slow moving things will swarm your head and the horses,. They drive me batty. I am ready to buy one of those bee bonnets with netting.

No pictures, all my pictures are clinic pictures right now.

Time for Sunday breakfast.

No comments: