Thursday, May 01, 2008

A funny......sorta


Yesterday I was grooming Ari. I have one of these plastic curry combs, and was using it for an itchy spot right next to Ari's tail. He likes me to rub the side of his tail with it, and he will ask me to scratch that certain area. So I was doing this and my hand sorta slipped out of the hand grip and then his tail clamped down on it at the same time. Suddenly the comb was entirely under the dock of his tail. It was attacking Ari (or so he thought)! He jumped forward, kicked out behind and then kicked out again hard with hind feet high up in the air. I was concerned he was going to kick the side of the shed, but he went forward and bucked and dislodged the comb. Oh my it made me laugh! Poor thing, one minute he was enjoying some good scritchies in a favorite spot, the next he had a b-hole monster after him. This was not unlike when they get a rope caught under their tails, (something that we need to desensitize our horses to) but this thing had teeth! I recovered from my giggles and went back to grooming. BTW, his hind feet never came near me, he moved away during his bucking and kicking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that was funny!!!

sherry