Sunday, August 05, 2007

Curious Fawn


Today's visitor was this young fawn. I saw a couple of them and went to get my camera. When I started walking up the hill they were nowhere to be seen. But I knew they were in the woods. Sure enough, I heard a big snort from an adult perhaps and then this fawn trotted out of the woods further up the hill. I spent about 15 minutes taking a step at a time to get closer to take photos. The fawn would think about leaving then would stand and watch me for the longest time. It finally started walking towards me! At one point I backed into the woods and it came closer then went on by me and down the hill, back in the woods. As I walked back down I heard it in the woods, so I stopped at a deer trail and peered in. I could barely see it disappear into the shrubs. It didn't go far because I saw its tail wave the bugs away. It was camouflaged so well it was very hard to see. How cute! Today's excitement.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! They are too cute! I love seeing the pictures you post. Makes me want to move there :)
Sherry