Friday evening I saw the doe grazing up the hill a ways. I went outside to watch her and she must have seen me or smelled me and she flagged her tail and went into the woods. After dinner and before dark, when it had finally cooled off some I decided to walk up the hill to see if I could spot her again. The horses were grazing at the bottom and would be heading up there soon for the night. They usually stay in sight of the house all day but when it is dark they go to the top field. As I made my way up the hill I realized the breeze was not moving in my favor and that the deer would probably smell me first. After a long hot summer day there was a lot to smell I am sure, lol! Yep, just as I arrived in the back field there was the doe and her twin fawns high tailing it to the back woods. Tails flagged and leaping over the tall grass. It was a beautiful sight. I immediately turned around and walked back down.
I have decided to give the doe a name, Bliss. She is obviously a resident here because last year she had twins as well. I remember the previous owner mentioning her to me and seeing her then. Again, this year she has twins. They are terribly cute! I will try to get some pictures of them together. I am also going to get a deer lick and put it in the woods where they go but where the horses can't get to.
Well time to get my day started and ride while it is still cool out.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment