
Last week, I spent from Sunday to Friday at Mendin' Fences for the first week of Harry Whitney Horsemanship Camp. The powers that be made it possible for me to ride at the last minute. I took my quarter horse gelding Red. I came home and slept each night here at the farm. It was as usual a week of intense learning, fellowship and lots of laughter, and of course a few tears. I was so glad that I was able to bring Red who is a different kind of horse from my others and can teach me a lot.
It does not seem that a day goes by that I don't well up with tears thinking of Chelsea and how much I miss her. Today was the first day that I took Roxie for a walk around the property since Chelsea left us. It was bitter sweet. Roxie overall has done very well with the loss of Chelsea. Dixie Bell the kitty is thrilled to not have to tip toe around Chelsea. She spends much more time out with Roxie and I.
The urn with Chelsea's ashes sits on my coffee table. A gentle reminder of what is no more. I have received wonderful notes from people who knew Chelsea and who express their sympathy. The hole in my heart is filled slightly when this happens or when I remember something particularly poignant about my sweet girl. I am sure that time will ease this pain, but this pain is still very much of my day to day existence. Who knew a dog would leave such a huge hole in one's heart?
It has been very hot here lately. Spring stopped in shortly only to be ushered out by summer barreling down at us. Eek! My yard is a mess, my fields are overgrown and the weeds are taking over the gravel drive. So many things have lost their importance while trying to work for Hallmark, take care of client needs and spend time with Harry learning as much as I can. I am sure things will settle into a new rhythm before too long.
Well it is time to go feed the ponies their evening meal and supplements. Here is a picture of Harry riding Red this past week.
No comments:
Post a Comment