Tuesday, April 19, 2011

11 years old!


Chelsea turned 11 on Saturday the 16th. I, however spent the day at a Wilderness Survival School instructed by Florida resident Hank Fannin and hosted by Mendin Fences Farm. It was a blast. Chelsea got some new toys and we took a short walk.



Chelsea's tumor on her cheek is growing but she is doing really well. My heart aches and sings at the same time when I look at her. I am SO glad she is still here, and SO sad knowing her time is short. She came here 11 years ago to do a job and she did it well, now it is time for her next adventure. I can accept this, but it doesn't lessen the pain I know I will endure in losing her.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I looked down at my mostly deaf, 3/4 blind arthritic ol' girl walking slowly by my side this morning on our am stroll and am just so thankful every day that we have her. Today I looked down at her and wondered how we'll be able to stand not having her by our side one day coming way too soon.
Laura