Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sky


On the 20th of the month, in the evening, I looked out my back window and saw the sky so beautiful in blues and white. I tried to capture with my camera what my mind's eye was seeing but it did not turn out the same, sigh. Some things are better left to the imagination.....
The garden is in fair shape considering it it has been neglected due to my schedule and the fact we have had so much rain (root rot). I did eat some fried green tomatoes tonight for dinner.
I had some notecards made up of The Dally and have a few orders for the box cards. I found a local artist who does Giclee printing and he has been very helpful and kind. He has encouraged me to join the art gallery and I guess that would require me to have some framed work to put up. Just more stuff on the never ending to do list.
Last week was the final week of the Harry Whitney camps. I learn so much and always enjoy my time with Harry. He is such a nice guy and gifted artist in his own right, doing amazing photography. I have one of his prints on my wall right now, with several more on order. I am contemplating a trip this fall to his place in AZ to attend his horsemanship camp until I can ride with him in '10 here in TN. I am not getting any younger and life is short so I think I should make the trip out west with friends.
Critters are all well and their usual selves. Nugget was trying to trip up my neighbor and butt him in the process when he had stopped by to see about coming to hay my fields. Phew! I was thinking I was gonna have to mow with the lawn tractor! (Which I have done before, lol).
Days are getting shorter, but it is still light out at 9 p.m. I have some photos to post of wild Tiger lilys growing roadside. We have spectucualr flowering "weeds" here, lol. Spring and early summer is just a delight here, to drive around and admire all the natural beauty.
Will dig up some photos to post here. Chelsea is snoring on the floor next to me, makes me tired hearing that!

No comments: