Friday, April 17, 2009

When turkeys fly

No pictures to add but I got a kick today when driving down the "four lane" highway. A turkey flew across the highway in front of me. It was really fun to watch this humongus bird bee-lining it over the road to a field. I had to do a double take to realize it was a turkey and not a vulture.

Yesterday was the birthday of the beautiful, funny, extremely intelligent kid of mine, CHELSEA. She is 9 yrs young. She is really in great shape for a couch potato. She has a few white hairs around her eyes and muzzle and she SNORES. But she is funny and silly and brings me joy each and every day!

Her birthday present is a kid's wading pool (boy does she miss her Florida pool in the heat of the summer)! But until summer arrives, she got her kicks cornering Henry James the semi-feral outside kitty who adopted us when we moved here. Henry was a bit slow yesterday when Chelsea slipped out of the porch gate behind me. Henry J tried to get away under the shed but when I was able to catch up to them Chelsea was growling and yelping at the same time. Henry was in attack mode with his back to the shed. I grabbed Chelsea's collar giving Henry the chance to slip under the shed. Neither were the worse for wear and Chelsea thought that was great fun going after the TN cat. She lives with 2 cats and is fine but hates the outside cat. I guess that was the birthday gift to herself....

Chelsea has been the best dog to own, she makes me giggle at least once a day and always finds something fun to do, even if it is just stealing my socks. HOWEVER, she is a bed hog!

The weather is awesome here and it is hard to be anywhere but outside. Tomorrow I am spending time in the vege garden planting seedlings and then I plan to ride the ponies. The resort has no scheduled rides so I won't be working out there this weekend.

My front pasture was seeded so the horses haven't been allowed on it. I feel bad but oh well, they will appreciate the hiatus this summer with a better grazing field. Horses are HARD on pastures!

No comments: