Monday, March 30, 2009

Day of Appreciation

Each day SHOULD be a day of appreciation, I mean being above ground and all. But today I thought as I drove home that I needed to make a mental note of the things I appreciated on this particular day.

The first thing I appreciated today was a fox! During a 1 hr trail ride on resort property the resident hound, Red was busy tracking a scent and I mean busy! He had his nose to the ground and was tracking left and right and back and forth as fast as he could. Not his usual laid back mosey along in front of the horses self, he was on a mission! Well as we traveled a resort dirt road up, ahead I saw a fox, leisurely trotting across the road. I said, A FOX! Red is on the trail of a fox! A few moments later here comes Red racing across the same path as the fox took galloping as fast as his legs could carry him. We all got a chuckle about Red and the fox. Then a couple minutes later, Red was baying for all he was worth, in the exact opposition direction from where that fox had been heading. Too funny! That fox was outfoxing the hound! Smile....

As I drive home from the resort I pass a sheep herd, they have livestock guarding dogs that live with them. The dogs blend right in with the sheep. Today when I drove past, all the spring lambs were out and cavorting across their fields, climbing a big rock, head butting each other, just full of themselves. I was so glad to drive by just at that moment and see their playfulness.

Then I had a rabbit hop across my path on the road but far enough in front of me that I could just admire the rabbit and not be concerned about running it over by accident. Phew!

My day at the resort was great as I was able to see old friends who have come to stay in cabins and bring their horses to lesson with Mark Russell. They had horses of all shapes and sizes and they so appreciate the relaxation of the resort property. Several gals brought newborns, 4 and 9 month old baby girls who were too cute for words. Wow what dedicated horsewomen, I appreciated them too!

And upon arrival at my humble abode, on my porch sat a box. A box from Mom that contained a newly sewn quilt she had offer to send to me. I can't wait to put it on my bed! Beautiuful colors of lavenders and greens and yellows made with her loving hands.

The weather was picture perfect today, the trail ride was fun and carefree, the resort horses were shedding to beat the band and glad for our attention to them.

A good day was had by all.

No comments: