Monday, December 08, 2008

Silly Lips

I was outside this afternoon and all the horses were getting a drink of water. One trough does not have the heater so it gets ice on the top. I didn't pay much attention to the horses until I heard this odd sound coming from their way. I looked over and Ari (who is a very oral horse) was busy flipping his top lip back and forth over the ice and water. It just cracked me up. He did it for about 10 mins. I grabbed the camera and took a brief clip.

Later, I was at the gate for the paddock which is one of those spring gates for electric fences and the attachments to hook it to a pole is for a wood pole, not a t-post so I have it rigged to my t-post. I needed to re-do the way I had it attached because it was coming loose. Well Ari had somehow figured this out. He stood in front of me (the electric was off) and flipped the handle with his nose until the movement caused the other end of the spring gate to pop off the t-post and he was free to move about the yard, and they all bolted out. I laughed and said: "stupid horse", cuz this is one horse who is anything but that! I spent the next 15 minutes fixing the gate and then I waited for him to test it but he knew I had turned the zapper back on so he didn't even bother. Prior to me turning the power back on he walked over and knocked it with his nose to go back IN the paddock. I was right there and was reaching to turn on the power but he was wise to my ways and moved off. Stupid horses.....

2 comments:

Papillon Pals said...

Too funny. You should put that on You Tube.

Kathy Baker said...

I thought about posting it to AFV's on TV. Spirit was using that same lip motion yesterday to play with the electric piano. Now that was funny! He actually had some moments where it sounded like he was "lipping" out a tune!