Thursday, December 04, 2008

Just a little animal "funny"

Dixie Bell my little tuxedo kitty has been feeling the effects of the cold weather, translate: playful! She has been running around in my bedroom enticing me to play and of course I can not resist her cutefulness! I have some catnip that I give her a taste of and that doubles her silly factor. Today she was checking out the living room where the dogs were lounging but decided she would not do her antics near them so she slid off across the ceramic tile into my bedroom. I followed her in there and started looking for her feather. On occasion I find turkey feathers on the property and bring them in for the cats. I try to keep them in the cat's room safe from Roxie who likes to tear them up and eat them.

Well I am in the bedroom asking Dixie Bell where her feather was, (she did not reply) and I was looking on the floor and under the comforter thinking I had just seen it yesterday. I had been using it to play with Dixie a few days earlier. Roxie had been in the room with us and she disappeared and then came in and jumped on the bed with the feather in her mouth! How funny that she heard me talking to Dixie Bell and knew what I was looking for. Better yet, she had not destroyed the feather!

Smart pup!

No comments: