Well it is definitely Autumn here. Temps have been in the 30's the last 2 mornings and the highs in the 60's. Absolutely beautiful. The brilliant leaves of the fall foliage are dropping but it is still a wondeful sight to look out across the hills. Life has been busy here at Follow Your Bliss Farm! Or busy not at the farm. I have a job as a wrangler/trail guide at a local resort and leading trail rides is a LOT of work. Gathering up horses from the hilly pastures, getting them cleaned up and then tacked up and ready for the riders is quite the process when you are unfamiliar with all the tack, horses etc. Fortunately all the horses are easy to get along with and are safe and quiet, (as it should be). The resort owners have given me the opportunity to expand this portion of their business so I suspect I will be even busier soon! So far this has been a fun way to meet people and of course be around horses!
Yesterday I guided a group of six and we went around a beautiful meadow and happened across a deer. I am sure there were other deer but this one was slow disappearing into the woods. The horses are use to the sights and sounds so nothing much bothers them. There are some steep trail paths and this Florida Flatlander girl is finally getting use to them, lol! The resident hound dog (Red) is part of the trail guides and he does a good job clearing out any unsuspecting wildlife during our travels. Last week I guided 9 riders for 3 hours along with a trail guide that they hire out for longer rides. He is a retired gentleman that belongs to a local trail riding club so he knows all the national forest trails. Don't have to worry about getting lost with him being the head rider!
I am also working on getting my NARHA certification as an instructor for the riding program ( http://www.ridinhigh.org/ ) We have the annual benefit Rodeo coming up soon and that keeps everyone involved in the program very busy.
All my critters here are good. Though Ari better get busy filling in his winter coat, he was standing there shivering this a.m. when I went out to feed. His shivers didn't last long when he filled his tummy. The shaggy minis are definitely toasty warm! Wednesday I am hauling Spirit over o the Nexus Center (my friends Sharon and Lauren's business center and Lauren's home) http://www.nexuscenterforthehorse.net/Photos/tabid/505/Default.aspx
We are having a clinic day with Mark Russell and I am looking forward to riding with everyone and catching up.
I was at my neighbor's across the street last week borrowing a file to sharpen some hoof nippers and I really enjoyed looking down over to my property and seeing how pretty it looked with the Autumn colors and the horses grazing down in the lower pasture. I think I will go back over there and take some pictures to post here.
Well that is it for now.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice to see you so busy w/fun things!
Post a Comment