This morning while finishing up from washing my truck I invited Chelsea to come from the fenced yard to the front yard and drive way and hang out with me. She had lots to investigate but then turned her attention to Nugget the mini goat having a nap over on the stall mats by the run in shed. Chelsea was not that interested in Nugget but Nugget thought it wise to become awake and get to moving. And that was enough to renew Chelsea's interest in him. Now this is the goat that Chelsea played with as a puppy. She began chasing Nugget a little in the run in shed and I was headed over there to re-direct her attention away from Nugget. (Chelsea has a very strong prey drive, so if something starts moving fast her intentions can quickly change.)
Punky and Sunny the mini horses were up a ways from the run in shed grazing on the hill. As soon as Punky noticed Chelsea in the paddock he nickered loudly and came charging down to get in between Nugget and Chelsea, ready to defend his goat! That made Chelsea even more excited but I told her no and asked her to come to me and look at what I had in my hand. Nugget and Punky left the area and I told Chelsea that unfortunately her outside yard privileges had just been lost. I lead her back to the fenced in yard.
Punky sure loves his goat!
Saturday, August 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment