
Here is Nugget having a mid morning snooze in the pea gravel pile. He was blissfully unaware of anything going on around him. He likes to lie in the sun in the pile every day. Nice cushy spot for him safe from the horses. He is a HOOT. Comes running on his short stumpy legs when ya call him from anywhere. He is starting to shed too. The hair on his neck is very soft and fuzzy. It feels wonderfully soft. To shed it, he rubs on my chain link fence around the back yard and leaves the "wool" interwoven in the fence. Something else to clean up!
People always ask me "when is your goat gonna have her babies?". I reply, " he isn't, he is neutered." Even the neighbors like him! Fat goat, nuggy woogy! He and Punky are still fast friends (the chocolate mini).
4 comments:
I forget - what breed of goat? We have 7 kids now -- Nigerian Dwarfs, oldest born Jan 1st, youngest born a week ago. Cute, cute, cute!!
If I ever relocate, your temperature fluctuations sound pretty pleasant! Our fluctuations range from high 30s to around zero if we're lucky, otherwise we don't get the high 30s end of things!
But soon spring will be here. No sign of shedding at all yet. I do love my shedding blade though!
Mini, Dwarf, heck I don't know. I am going to pick your brain now that I know you have goats, which I had forgotten. Expect an e-mail from me soon!
Kathy,
Nugget is a Pigmy Goat. Like the ones I used to have. Though I think he's a little smaller, in height, not in barrel :)
Donna
Oops! It's spelled Pygmy
My bad.
Post a Comment