Thursday, February 07, 2008

Making Friends






The newest member of the family Cannon is face fighting with Ari in an attempt to become friends. Cannon (remember he was here before in the fall) has become a permanent resident as of last Saturday. He officially retired his duties as a therapy horse.

There has been an adjustment period for everyone but I think Cannon will fit in just fine. It is good to see him and Ari on a friendly basis. It is obvious Cannon will be the herd leader, much like Taylor was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about Cannon. How old is he? Are you riding him?

Kathy Baker said...

Funny but I am not getting notified of comments being made here. Cannon is a Tenn Walking Horse (who trots) that was part of the therapeutic riding program where I volunteer. He is 16 or 17 yrs old and was a great therapy horse until he wasn't. Some of them get used up faster than others. Being a therapy horse is a really hard job believe it or not! Yes, Cannon is very ridable and I plan to make him my main trail horse as he is rock solid on the trails. But for right now I am working on softness and suppleness with him, and getting him relaxed.