
Here is Ari showing off his beautiful (but mud covered feet) to Spirit. Ari has wonderful gravel crunching hooves that receive a regular pedicure from an excellent natural hoof trimmer. He is very proud of his tootsies! Me too, as it is really nice to have a horse with such healthy feet that a steel shoe has never touched!
Sadly, the horses's coats are not quite as beautiful, though similar to the hooves... covered in MUD! They are shedding to beat the band. (Wish there was a market for horse hair, I could make a fortune!) I spent an hour grooming the three big boys this afternoon, and you could hardly tell. There are some slick coats under all that winter hair, I can see a gleamer of it. I hope they are able to stay warm until spring next month. Crazy weather goes from the 60's, some 70's then dipping back down to the a 30's during the day. Longer days do cause the shedding process though...
Happy Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment