Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Day 2017

Just looked outside and all the horses were lying down in the pasture, except for Ruby, she was eating some hay.  A day of rest.  The sun is trying to peek out now and then and the temps are in the 20's now and maybe the 30's for the day.  Hmm, makes me think twice about trimming some hooves here on the farm today.  Horses like to doze in the sun during the winter months, they know what to do in every season it seems.

At the beginning of the week I deactivated my FB account, it seemed to be bringing out my inner demons.  Haves and have-nots.   I feel I have so little compared to my peers and it just adds to my state of depression .  I am amazed how no one has noticed or contacted me to say hey you where did you go. I would have done that if I had noticed.  Maybe I am just a busybody...

I have been wearing some of Mom's winter sweatshirts, makes me feel close to her in a physical way.  I do so miss her lately.  I actually got some nice clothes of hers after she passed. She had good taste, or her family did when they bought her gifts. 

Right now Sagey (Sylvester reincarnated) is in the kitchen playing silly cat games and announcing each new game with a single meow.  He is a hoot.  He is not a love bug like Giocoso is, so I guess it makes it nice to have two cats.  I have too many animals, ,mouths to feed, bodies to take care of.  Roxie is old and feeble and I give her credit for enduring her fragile body.  She is mostly blind and deaf, but I guess she is like the energizer bunny she just keeps on ticking.
  
This is it for now, going to have some brunch.  I had coffee with added cocoa mix and that was a good idea to do, it was like a treat of coffee.  One was caramel, one was hazelnut. 

If you happen to read this, reach out, I would like to know you are there.

No comments: