Rode Gigi, the lovely quarter arab mare this early morning. Wanted to beat the summer heat and bugs. I think one car drove past while I meandered around the front pasture, helping the mare find relaxation in all her gaits. She tends to anticipate being asked to canter so we don't go there as I want her to relax into a bigger trot and then the canter will be the next logical step. Daisy Duke the hound did parameter patrol, making sure there were no errant bunnies on the outskirts. At one point Gigi and I both heard some rattling noises coming from the big barn across the street. It sounded like someone rummaging through tin or metal which is rather odd since the barn has a lot of wood in it but no metal as I recall. (I sometimes store winter hay there.)
It has been a quiet Sunday morning. Perfect for sitting quietly and enjoying the fragrances of summer, freshly mowed grass, honeysuckle the scent of the horses. Saw a monarch butterfly cruise by. They use to be in abundance, now not so much. I try not to mow down any milk weed in certain areas as I know they like the flowers on them. Time to clean up and go to the grocery store.
Sunday, July 26, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment