Sunday, December 23, 2012

Tis the season

Christmas is just a couple of days a way.  I hope everyone enjoys theirs.  I plan to go see the movie Lincoln on Christmas day with some friends.  I still don't like Christmas....maybe one day that will change.  I have not put up decorations for the last 7 years....

I have been busy on the farm with training horses.  At one time I had three here but sadly one of the horses never went into training because of a suspected health issue that created a safety concern so he just hung out for a couple of months.  The other training horse a Paso/Rocky Mountain cross to be started went home at the beginning of the month which leaves me with just one gelding, a black Morgan named Spirit.  He is here to be restarted as driving horse.  He was in a cart accident and has significant fear issues. He has been a fun challenge and I feel like he will be able to return to life as a driving horse.  We have been going along slowly and filling in all the training holes.

Daisy and Roxie have been having some pack order discussions, both being female dogs, one young one old.  I received advice from a professional dog trainer and FB friend September Morn and her advice has greatly help to diffuse the situation between these two girls.  Max also decided he needed to step in as second in command (I am first) and is being a big help with pack hierarchy as well.  Max has become a solid canine citizen and family member, I love him to death!

I met a really nice guy who was on the rebound and after a couple of weeks of getting to know him, he went back to his girlfriend.  It was fun while it lasted as he was very like minded in many ways and he gave me hope that the right guy is out there for me to meet.  I am tired of being alone and trying to manage this farm and  life by myself.  It can feel truly overwhelming.  How is that for Christmas spirit?!

No comments: