Friday, August 27, 2010

Time Flies

Whether you are having fun or not. Spring and summer have zipped by. Spring brought the arrival of Harry Whitney at Mendin' Fences Farms for 6 weeks. I rode with him the first week of the clinics back in May. It was inspiring to say the least. Harry offers the horse and human so much in so many ways. The Lowe's job ended in July and I picked up a few new trim clients and lesson folks. In the meantime it has been hot hot hot though over the last week fall is in the air and the temperatures feel more like TN and less like FL!

On the home front, CHelsea has a tumor in her mouth and I am taking her to the Oncologist at UT's Veterinarian school on Tuesday. I am heart sick about this and am praying for good news and renewed health for Ms Chel, she is 10 yrs old this year.

Earlier in the week I had a wasp sting me on my arm for no good reason, I was cleaning the interior of my truck. I grabbed some wasp spray and started spraying the eaves where they go nest and in an effort to not get stung again I slammed my thigh into the trailer hitch on my truck. So along with the swollen hot itchy arm I have also been sporting a saucer size bruise on my leg. Aargh!

This morning I was preparing my day so I could head over and do my farm sitting job early and then go do a massage treatment on a friend's mare. My morning went majorly sideways when I discovered that the 4 geldings were no where to be found having busted out of the property through a fence in the woods. I called neighbors and friends and started my search. A couple of miles away I see road apples but no horses. I circle back around to the house and start out on a different route, passing the road apples and driving slowly, calling their names getting out and looking at paths in the over grown fields, speaking to people and stopping cars. I drove up a road looked down at an old farm house and barn and there they stood in the barn. Chilling out like a morning jaunt was par for the course. I had all my halters and leads and my neighbor had his 4 wheel mule to use so my other neighbor and I sat on the back of the mule and we ponied them back to the house. Phew! Not how I planned to start my day, but very grateful they were all okay. I spent the rest of the morning fixing the escape route up in the woods and then cooling off inside.

Someone had mentioned on Facebook that Mercury is in retrograde. I now know that change is upon us. But please can you give it to me in smaller friendlier less stressful doses?! I will try to get some pictures posted, of what I don't know. Probably Chelsea most likely!

No comments: