There must be something in the air. I was just standing inside watching my two minis playing in the round pen together. Running perfect 3 meter circles lol. They were kicking up their heels, rearing and nipping at each other and just having a good ol' time. Sunny decided to exit the pen and Punky followed him, I left the back window and went to look out the living room and they were headed down front so I hurried into the bedroom to watch them down in the front field. They joined Cannon who was busy looking for something green to eat, and Spirit who was having a good roll. Punky and Sunny did several laps around both horses.
After Spirit finished his second roll he leaped up and took off after the minis overtaking them and kicking and leaping as he went by. He got in that groove that only Thoroughbreds seem to have, running for the pure joy of it! And off he went up, down, around, lap after lap, leaping and skidding and balancing in the slick footing of winter mud. Ari soon joined in and could not keep up with Spirit As Spirit sprinted up towards the side woods Ari put it in high gear and quickly caught up, it was the fastest I think I have ever seen Ari run, certainly in sprint fashion. I had gone outside to enjoy the show and it was definitely a show, of speed, balance, athleticism and pure joy. A delightful show on an otherwise dreary day! I think Red enjoyed the show from the safety of the run in shed munching on hay undisturbed by others.
Sunday, February 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't you just wish that your video camera would just appear in your hand at times like this. Maybe you should just hang it around your neck. LOL
Post a Comment