Monday, December 07, 2009

Hay Chores and Romping Horses

This morning I needed to go load up on some hay from my neighbor's barn where I am storing my winter hay. As I drove down the driveway I noticed the horses were feeling their cool weather oats so to speak. On my way back up with my truck filled past the roof with hay, the horses decided that sight was a good excuse for them to take off running and bucking. Spirit and Ari were bucking and kicking at each other and then they took off to the top of pasture around to the paddock and back down again to the front field. This went on about 3 laps. Spirit is so much a thoroughbred, that boy can flat out get it. He put it in overdrive and left Ari in the dust. Even the mini's got into the action. It was a blast to watch, though I cringed as I watched Spirit slip behind and almost go down. Ouch I thought! But it didn't slow him down at all. He recovered and picked up Ari on a turn and went on for another lap. They were jumping a slight rise (a terrace type spot) of the front field and booked it every which way. Cannon never got in on the action, he never even lifted his head from grazing.

Scenes like these make my days!

No comments: