Saturday, August 29, 2009

A thing of the past

Today I went to the resort with friends for the auction. Mark and Hela were interested in an arena drag, and I was just curious about the whole auction process. Many of the lots were sold, I am told 5 acres for 20k. I think that is a great deal. My friend Cynthia did not get the pony she had bid on but she just wanted a little companion pony for her horse that is coming home to live at her place and she had a dollar limit. I left with Mark and Hela before the auctioning of tack had started which was just as well as I really did not need a synthetic saddle to add to the tack room. But you know how it is when there is a good deal....

I did get some hoof boots, which I had actually had the resort purchase when we got the horses out of shoes and I knew the shape the boots were in. I bought a display rack which is like a baker's rack and I got a cedar table for outside on my porch. No bidding for that just discounted purchasing. I was glad to know that a few of the horses had already found good homes so that made me happy.

It was sad to see the place closing down, but such is life. I hope the owners can move on with their lives and find contentment on a new path.

2 comments:

Papillon Pals said...

Do you know if the resort is going to be re-opened by new owners? Wish we could have bought it, lock, stock & barrel. Sounds like it was split up for the auction.
Too bad. This economy really sucks!!

Kathy Baker said...

Well I am not sure really. I don't what was purchased and what wasn't. Will have to let the dust settle and then see. There was a rumor about the restaurant being purchased.... Really I Have not a clue.