Friday, June 01, 2007

Just stuff

Well I don't really have any photos worth posting right now. This week I received some "bad" news when I had the vet out. Sunny has recurrent uveitis, commonly known as Moon Blindness. This causes extreme pain and inflammation of the eyes. I am treating him 2-3 times a day with a steroidal eye drop. This helps relieve the pain. Thank goodness he is a mini so he is easy to doctor. I will be purchasing a special fly mask for him that will block the UV rays and offer him some relief from the sunlight. See the site: http://www.horsemask.com/Main.html

It is extremely dry here and the weather is more August like than May like. We need rain like so much of the country. My pastures are still in good shape but the hills around me that are normally green are turning brown from lack of rain. I still don't need the a/c on at night, I just open the windows and sleep with a fan on. Sure helps the electric bill.

I am finishing up a charcoal portrait titled "The Glorious Sofia" of a black PMU mare owned by a wonderful lady that brought Sofia to the Harry Whitney clinic last year. Harry's horsemanship clinics start this coming Monday and will run for 5 weeks. I ride the 3rd week, the 18th. I can't wait.

Last night the horses were being silly. I think they heard my neighbor Joe through the woods. He is building a 2 story house on his 2 acres next to me. Now that everything has bloomed you can't see through the strip of woods to his place but you can hear things. The horses were on alert racing around, in and out of the paddock. They were all bright eyed and bushy tailed. I grabbed my "flag" and ssshhed them out of the paddock. They took off like race horses up the hill with Ari in the lead. He was going flat out, being young and exuberant. Once up at the top of the hill they were rearing and playing and stirring up the dust (I mentioned it was dry right?!). They disappear to the top of the property for night time grazing each night and I didn't see any more of their antics. They sure were beautiful to watch though.

The dogs and cats are all healthy and fat and happy. Tick season is in full season and that is a pain in the you know what.

Well that is it for now, I will to get some worth while photos to post.

Happy Summer all!

2 comments:

Kathy Baker said...

test

Lasell Jaretzki Bartlett said...

A friend has been feeding her horse with uveitis soem bovine colostrum with great results. Have you researched alternative treatments like that? I can put you two in touch with each other if you're interested.