Saturday, June 02, 2007

Charcoal Portrait, The Glorious Sofia

This is from a photo taken last year at Mendin' Fences during the Harry Whitney clinic. It is of Sofia, a lovely PMU mare. She was a joy to watch and made great strides with her owner during her time at the clinic.

7 comments:

Papillon Pals said...

Wow, what a great picture. You can almost see and hear her moving. Keep up the great work.

Lasell Jaretzki Bartlett said...

I'm particularly fond of this picture, Kathy. You have quite the eye and hand for creating this art piece. Thank you for immortalizing my beloved and Glorious Sofia!

Heidi Bylsma said...

Wow, Kathy. Your talent continues to put me in awe. "Talent" is an understatement...Gift is more like it.

Kathy Baker said...

Thanks folks! I had fun doing this portrait.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kathy. That's beautiful.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You did that drawing from a photo? That's fabulous! I would love to see more of your work!

Love and Miss You!
DebS

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I love to see your work. I wish the artistic talent you and mom have passed on to me!
Are you selling any of your work?
Sherry