Yesterday I really appreciated my Spirit horse. He has a good "handle" on him. I decided that I would ride him and pony Red so that I could get Red moving and give Spirit something else to consider while we roamed the farm. At first Spirit didn't like the idea of Red near his bum, so then Red had a real drag on the lead rope not wanting to get up next to Spirit. I needed to move Red around some to free up his feet and keep Spirit's mind on the job of tending to Red. Spirit was so responsive once he figured out Red was not going to do anything to HIM. I could really focus on moving Red's feet without having to think too much on what I needed to do with Spirit, I just asked him to move any which way and he did.
Sometimes we take for granted all the time and effort we put into developing a relationship and good feel with a horse. Yesterday I was grateful for all that Spirit has to offer.
Monday, August 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment