Friday, November 27, 2009

A good Thanksgiving

I spent my Thanksgiving day with the Gruber family. There was a ton of food! (Doug wanted lots of leftovers!) We ate at 1 p.m. which was good because I was still full at 9 pm. Lauren and I took a couple of walks around the farm, looked at the various horses there for training or rehab and talked horses of course. I enjoyed my time with all of them, even 15 yr old Danielle who professed on facebook she hates Thanksgiving. (teenagers!)

Doug is friends with a butcher and he now has a freezer full of meat. Besides leftovers, the Grubers sent me home with a bunch of beef, pork, vension, even a big bone for the dogs! I was very thankful. I will have to google some recipes for vension. Chelsea can't stay out of the kitchen this morning because she can smell the bone on the stove I left out to thaw. Even though it is cold (in the 30's) she will have to chew on that big bone outside this morning after breakfast. Windchill factors for the day are in the 40's, a high of 50 but it is suppose to warm up and be beautiful this weekend.

I am thankful for my good friends, for their fellowship and generosity! I hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday, I know I did!

No comments: