Friday, April 25, 2008

Still laughing



Well not much new to report here. I painted the house, no more yellow submarine yellow, just a soothing beige'ish shade. I plan to plant a small vegetable garden, but am waiting for a neighbor to come clear a spot with his tractor. When those lottery numbers come through I plan to get a Kabota! (Of course this requires me actually playing the lottery.....pick pick....)

Horses are all getting their nice shiny summer coats, and we still have a cool spell coming this weekend.

Chelsea celebrated her 8th birthday on the 16th. (Picture shows her during her b-day walk) I took some video of her and Roxie during their walk up the hill. For Chelsea's b-day Roxie got a bath after she rolled and rolled in poo and dead stuff. I will post some video clips once I edit them.

A couple of days ago I had at least 20 blue jays at the feeders. Wow! That was the most I had seen at one time ever! The golden finches returned recently. I miss their beautiful yellow selves! (Picture of jays were taken from insdie the house, notice the Nugget fur on the chain link.)


My laugh for the week was while grooming Spirit. He recently suffered some serious itchies on his stomach midline. The bugs are here early. I had treated ths area and it had healed but he was still enjoying scritchies there. Now to do it really well I have to get under that belly and scratch hard. Spirit decided to make it easy for me the other day. I don't have a tie pole or cross ties so all the horses know how to ground tie. Spirit wasn't being cooperative while grooming so I let him move around and he turned around and walked over to the pedestal and put up his front feet and stood on it. Now he was very tall and his midline was very easy to reach! He got a good scratching and his upper lip was sticking out a mile. I should have gone for the camera. He is a smart fella and he made me laugh with his obvious intent to get the best grooming possible!

No comments: