Friday, November 30, 2007

My Dad

I was sorting thru some files when I was fixing a file cabinet drawer that decided to fall apart. I found this note I wrote in a file of my Dad's things. I really enjoyed reading it and thought I would share. My handwriting looks to be from my teen years. You know, eons ago!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Dad is in a great mood, he's feeling life to its very fullest. What makes him so special is he shines his happiness on others.

He walked back to my bedroom and asked me to wake him up when I got up. He left, but came back, kissed my head and said, "You're great!" I said, "so are you". He squeezed my hand and walked out.

He sure did express himself to me. He made me really feel like I was great!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a nice thing to find, good memories, warm fuzzies! Thanks Dad! (my Dad passed in 1986)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was very special. Made me cry. I miss Granddaddy.

Sherry